Are you a startup, small business, or non-profit struggling to have a full-time cybersecurity professional on your team? You’re not alone. But there are some steps you can take to help secure your organization.
Here are some suggestions that can go a long way in enhancing your organization’s cybersecurity posture.
1. Have a cybersecurity policy in place and review it annually at a minimum.
2. Provide cybersecurity training for every new employee at the time of joining and provide refresher training every 6 months.
3. Train your staff to identify and report incidents. This is a MUST.
4. Validate your asset inventory every quarter.
5. Implement patch management every month at a minimum.
6. Perform an antivirus check every week.
7. Conduct phishing simulation tests at least once every quarter.
8. Ensure that you have a fully operational backup system in place. This is a must and cannot be skipped.
9. Test your restoration capabilities regularly. This is also a must and cannot be skipped.
10. Most important: Maximize the usage of your existing security tools.
Let’s work together to make this list as comprehensive and achievable as possible! Please share your own suggestions and insights in the comments below.